Skip to content
iOS 14: Your iPhone Will Look Completely Different Now, if You Want
Key Features and Enhancements
- Widgets – Redesigned widgets: Widgets have been redesigned to be more beautiful and data rich, so they can provide even more utility throughout your day. And much more
- App Library – App Library on the Home Screen: The App Library is a new space at the end of your Home Screen pages that automatically organizes all of your apps into one simple, easy‑to‑navigate view.
- Compact UI – Phone calls: When you receive a call, it appears as a banner instead of taking over the entire screen, so you won’t lose track of what you’re doing. Swipe up on the banner to dismiss it or swipe down to access extended phone features and tap to answer.
- Search – Top Hit results: The most relevant results, including apps, contacts, knowledge, Maps points of interest, and websites, are shown right at the top, making it easier to find what you need.
- Messages – Pinned conversations: Pin your favorite conversations to the top of your conversation list so you can always get to them. Recent messages, Tapbacks, and typing indicators animate in above the pin. And if a group conversation is pinned, you’ll see three recent participants circle around the pin when they send a message
- Memoji – New hairstyles: Customize your Memoji with 11 new hairstyles, including man bun, top knot, and simple side part.
- Maps – Cycling: Maps now routes cyclists along bike lanes, bike paths, and bike-friendly roads. Preview the elevation for your ride, check how busy a street is, and set routes to avoid steep inclines or stairs. Maps also offers custom cycling voice guidance and a rich experience on Apple Watch that makes it easy to navigate with a glance
- Translate – Conversation mode: Conversations are easy by design with Translate. Turn the phone to landscape to split the screen and show text from both sides of the conversation. Just tap the microphone button to say something, and automatic language detection transcribes the original and translated text on the correct sides of the screen, followed by the translated audio. Conversation mode works for downloaded languages even when you don’t have an internet connection.
- Siri – Compact UI: Siri has an all-new compact design that allows you to refer to information onscreen and seamlessly launch into your next task. As you start a request, Siri pops up at the bottom of the screen. The result appears at the top of the screen like a notification. Results have been updated to give you just the information you need in a new compact layout.
Full list is here