Magento 2.0 Is Here!
Next generation open source digital commerce platform Magento 2.0 now released!
It’s designed to empower brands, retailers and businesses to quickly and cost-effectively deliver their e-commerce experience. Magento 2.0 also offers enhanced performance and scalability, new features to boost conversion rates, business agility and productivity improvements.
We created easy to digest list of enhancements.
1.New default theme and admin GUIMake your e-store more modern and user-friendly
Magento 2 brings new default theme, codename “Luma”, which is a clean, eye-catching theme that has some substantial changes compared to Magento 1’s Madison Island theme, including tiles structure, fully responsive images and typography and better performance.
The core team also introduced a brand new, user-friendly backend UI.
2. Improved performance and scalabilityMake your e-store more modern and user-friendly
Faster, more secure and easier to use.
- Indexers comes with new efficient updates to improve query performance;
- Magento performance toolkit to verify and optimize system performance;
- Varnish Cache is responsible for caching common request which helps reducing server load and speed up page load;
- Full page caching, which was only available in Enterprise Edition, is now built into the Community Edition of Magento. The feature lowers disk read and network round-trips to make the fastest shopping experience possible;
3.Simplified customizationIt’s so easy to create unique layout
If the previous Magento versions required technical knowledge for layout manipulations, the new one will make this task clear even for newbies. The straightforward design management will be provided by the new Visual Design Editor.
The feature, with the easy to use “drag and drop” interface, will permit you to modify blocks and container wow fadeInUps with no substantial effort.
4. Component oriented module structureMagento 2.0 is more flexible to fit your needs
Magento 2 will include a set of modules with a high coupling code to allow shop owners administer relationship between them much easier. With this update, merchants obtain a possibility to enable, disable or replace the components according to their needs, through a specially developed interface. Thus, if you want to get rid of Magento’s core complexity, apply your own implementations or even use the platform as CMS, the cart will provide with such opportunity.
5. Updated technology stackAll latest technologies at your service
With new built-in technologies under the hood Magento becomes more powerful for both developers and designers to deliver the best ecommerce experience for customers.
6. New file structureA better view structure for developer
Being a Magento 1 developer, some will feel a bit lost at first when it comes to the new Magento 2, as most of your working files have been greatly reorganized. Everything is now moved under “app” file, except for config.xml where you register your specific module.
Templates, layouts and js, css files for both frontend and backend is now placed neatly under “view” file of each module. Moreover, there is now only one code pool, for all core and custom modules.